Saturday 23 January 2016

More Common Goldeneye

I don't get to post many pictures of Common Goldeneye pictures on my blog and when the opportunity came this morning to add to yesterdays shot I just couldn`t miss it ! I had no car today so I walked down to the Recreation Ground in Topsham and the first birds that I saw was a male and 2 female Common Goldeneye but as soon as they saw me they flew off up river but as luck would have it they flew back again quite soon , they did this a few times in the time that I was there but I was very pleased to get these shots of them .
Also seen was a male and female Red-Breasted Merganser , 2 Common Sandpiper , 2 Common Gull , a Lesser Black-Backed Gull , my first Common Kingfisher of the year and 2 Grey Wagtail...not a bad mornings birding  !

No comments:

Post a Comment