Monday 4 January 2016

Good Birding

Early this morning I went to have a look at the Recreation Ground in Topsham to see if there was any Water Pipit around but there was no sign of any and all I saw was a couple of Common Gull`s , 2 Common Sandpiper and five Reed Bunting , my next stop was Bowling Green Marsh where the male American Wigeon put in an appearance for the first time this year I think !
The next stop was at Dart Farm in Topsham where I had a quick look for any Brambling but no luck again so I went to have a look by the hide and picked up a few mare Reed Bunting , a male and female Common Stonechat , I then heard a Cetti`s Warbler calling and picked it up in the reeds as it made its way right , then to my amazement in then came right out into the open on the fence allowing me to get these shots of it , later after I had gone back home for something to eat I had a call telling me that yesterdays Cattle Egret was showing on Bowling Green Marsh so to finish off a goods days birding I went to have a look at this very rare bird on BGM .

No comments:

Post a Comment