Tuesday 19 January 2016

Jack Snipe

A trip down to Dawlish Warren this morning turned out quite good as I came across the Firecrest that has been on site for a while now but it was very elusive , I picked it up on call at first but then it flew into a bush and even though I knew where it was I could not get a shot of it out in the open and had to make do with these two poor shots of it ! I then started walking towards Greenland Lake with Phil one of the warren wardens and as I was walking through the damp part to the right of the path I put up a Common Snipe and a smaller Jack Snipe , it was great to see the comparison between the two birds and was pleased that Phil got on them both also .
I then walked around Warren point where I saw a male Red-Breasted Merganser , 20+ Ruddy Turnstone and 2 Sanderling and a look at the sea got me 2 Great Northern Diver`s , on the way back home I came across 12 Red-Legged Partridge near the village of Kenton .`

No comments:

Post a Comment