Thursday 14 January 2016

Glaucous Gull

The day started off at Darts Farm to look for the Little Bunting again but today there was no sign of it , and there was not a lot else to look at either with 2 Egyptian Goose , a large flock of Rook , a Common Raven and a Brambling , I then went over to the Exminster Marshes but the road is still flooded so that put an end to that with only a male Eurasian Bullfinch seen , the next stop was at Cockwood where I had a look at the Exe Estuary and saw a Slavonian Grebe , by now I was cold and hungry so I headed for home stopping on the way to look at the Matford Marshes where the Ridgways Cacking Goose was seen .
Later in the afternoon I went down to Exmouth to look for the Bonaparte`s Gull that has been seen around the Exe Estuary but there was no sign of it today , but I got a call from my mate Matt Knott telling me that there was a Glaucous Gull on Pole Sands off of Exmouth so lucky me with another bird added to my year list .

No comments:

Post a Comment