Wednesday 27 January 2016

Jack Snipe

Yesterday there was 2 Barnacle Geese on the Exminster Marshes so I went over this morning in hope of getting a shot of them but after much searching I couldn`t see them but as I was stood in the lane looking for them I heard a flock of Long-Tailed Tit so I had a look at them and found a Firecrest moving along the lane with them , I then met someone who told me that he had seen a Cattle Egret  but it had dropped out of site in a ditch near by to where I had seen the Water Pipit the other day so I went over for a look , I couldn`t see the egret but I did see a nice Jack Snipe !... I have just seen a photo of the Cattle Egret so I shall have another look tomorrow .
I then went back to Topsham and had a look at Bowling Green Marsh but it was low tide so not many waders on show  but I did see 13 Greylag Geese , numerous Northern Shoveler , 4 male and 2 female Tufted Duck , 2 male and a female Gadwall , 3 male Common Pochard and a Eurasian Sparrowhawk .

No comments:

Post a Comment