Thursday 10 January 2019

Winter Is Coming

I went down to my local patch Bowling Green Marsh this morning and the marsh was white with frost and frozen in places . But a look out from the hide got me a few Greylag Geese , large amounts of Common Teal , Eurasian Wigeon and Northern Shoveler , 12 Tufted Duck and 6 Northern Pintail . Waders today included 200+ Black-Tailed Godwit , 8 Common Snipe and a Ruff . But the highlight of the visit was a Yellow-Browed Warbler the showed very well indeed in Bowling Green Lane .
I then went across to the Exminster Marshes where the 4 Barnacle Geese are still showing near the far end of the marsh , I then went to a spot that I know on the marsh to look for snipe and after about an hour of trudging around I managed to see 9 Common Snipe and 2 Jack Snipe , another one shot out of cover and it could have been another Jack but I just couldn't be sure on it .

No comments:

Post a Comment