Wednesday 9 January 2019

Aylesbeare Common

I decided to go and have a look around Aylesbeare Common this morning as I had heard that some Lesser Redpoll had been seen on there the other day . I stopped off at a spot where I had been lucky enough to see Eurasian Woodcock before , but I searched for a while with no luck . By now I was breaking my neck for a wee , so I went to a spot out of view from the road and would you believe it as just as I stopped . One of them flushed from just in front of me.......So now you know how to find one lol .
By now my mate Andy had turned up and as we walked around the common in the freezing cold we saw 3 Lesser Redpoll , a Reed Bunting and a female Dartford Warbler . We then went to the Otterton Sewage Works area and we saw 2 male and 2 female Cirl Bunting and a female Reed Bunting

No comments:

Post a Comment