Wednesday 2 January 2019

Common Crossbill

I made the trip up to the Great Haldon Forest this morning in hope of seeing Common Crossbill and as soon as I got out of my car I heard one calling bit I could not see where it was coming from . So I made my way into the forest where I saw 5 Eurasian Nuthatch , 4 Great Spotted Woodpecker and numerous Coal Tit and then in came a small flock of Common Crossbill but there was so much disturbance from the activity centre they soon moved off again .
I then went to the Powderham Sawmill and again I got fleeting views of the Yellow-Browed Warbler but again no chance of a shot of it . The day was finished off at the Colaton Raleigh Common in hope of seeing a Hen Harrier but again there was no luck but a calling Tawny Owl was a good end to my day .

No comments:

Post a Comment