Thursday 31 January 2019

Purple Sandpiper

I got up early this morning and cleaned the ice off of the car and made my way down to the Maer Rocks at Exmouth to look for Purple Sandpiper . I got there just as the tide had started to come in and I walked out as far as I could and I managed to find 5 of them , I fired off a few shots as the water was lapping around my feet and then made a quick dash back before I got cut off .. lol
I then had a look at the Exe Estuary at Exmouth where I saw 8 Red-Breasted Merganser and 2 Ruddy Turnstone . My last stop of the day was at Exton Station to have a look at the estuary again and this time I saw a large amount of Dark Bellied Brent Geese and in with them were 4 of the Pale Bellied race Hrota , also seen were 50+ Northern Pintail , numerous Dunlin , 16 Red Knot and 6 Bar-Tailed Godwit .

No comments:

Post a Comment