Thursday 19 April 2018

Migrants

I had a look around Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham this morning and I saw 300+ Black-Tailed Godwit , 4 Whimbrel , 2 Ruff , a European Green Woodpecker , a Great Spotted Woodpecker , 2 Cetti`s Warbler , 5 male and 1 female Blackcap , 5 Common Chiffchaff , a Mistle Thrush and 2 Eurasian Jay .
I then went across to the Exminster Marshes where I met up with fellow birder Dave Land and we talked about our upcoming trip to Spain , birds seen on the marsh were 4 Sedge Warbler , 2 European Reed Warbler , 2 Barn Swallow and a single Snow Goose that was calling for the other one that it is usually with , lets hope nothing has happened to it , also seen was a new butterfly for the year with my first Green-Veined White .

1 comment:

  1. The other Snow Goose was on Powderham Marsh yesterday.

    ReplyDelete