Sunday 1 April 2018

Eurasian Otter

Today started off with a Hawfinch and an Eurasian Nuthatch in the Topsham Cemetery . But after that it fell away with a look at Bowling Green Marsh only getting me a Little Egret , a male and female Eurasian Oystercatcher , 200+ Common Redshank , a calling European Green Woodpecker and a Common Chiffchaff and I thought that was it for the day .
But at 6.20 pm I got a message from another local birder Martin Elcoate telling me that he was watching an Eurasian Otter on Bowling Green Marsh , so I shot down there as fast as I could as I had never seen one on the marsh before in the 30+ years that I have been going there . The rain was falling quite heavy and the light was fading but there it was still showing and feeding well on the far side of the marsh but it was always distant , it was hard to get any kind of shot of it in those conditions but I managed this one . I know its not that good but then again I was pleased to get anything of it at all .

No comments:

Post a Comment