Wednesday 11 April 2018

Garganey

A look around the Topsham Cemetery this morning got me a European Green Woodpecker , a Barn Swallow and 2 Song Thrush but there has been no sign of any Hawfinch for quite a while !
I then had a look around the Allotments that are next to the water tower and I saw 2 Mistle Thrush , 2 male Blackcap , a Common Chiffchaff and 2 Common Raven , also seen were the following Butterflies , 2 Peacock , 2 Brimstone and a Small White .
Later in the day I went down to Dawlish Warren to look for a reported male Garganey but when I got there I was told that the bird was in the reeds and had not shown for a while . But after a bit of a wait the bird swam out into the open but it was not for very long as it soon went back into the reeds again . Also seen was a Willow Warbler and a few of the very rare tiny Sand Crocus a Dawlish Warren speciality .
I then headed for home but on the way I stopped of at the Powderham Park where I managed to see 2 Egyptian Geese my first in Devon this year .

No comments:

Post a Comment