Wednesday 4 April 2018

Cattle Egret

My walk in the Topsham Cemetery this morning got me a Common Buzzard , a European Green Woodpecker and a Hawfinch . I then had a look at Goosemoor in Topsham where I saw a winter plumaged Spotted Redshank that was flushed by a helicopter and flew towards the Exe Estuary , it is my first around the Exe this year .
On then to Bowling Green Marsh where I saw my first 2 Barn Swallow of the year , a Common Chiffchaff , a Willow Warbler and 2 Red Fox . I then walked down to the viewing platform to see if the Spot Red was there but there was no sign of it , but I did see a Peregrine Falcon and a Common Seal . The day was finished off on the Exminster Marshes where I was pleased to see 3 Cattle Egret , quite a few Barn Swallow and Common Sand Martin and 2 Snow Geese of dubious origin .

No comments:

Post a Comment