Tuesday 24 April 2018

A Good Day

I started the day off early at the White Bridge over the River Otter as I had come to look for a reported Lesser Whitethroat and it didn`t take long to hear its superb call and after a short wait the bird gave stunning views , it is always a joy to get one of these returning migrants . I also had the joy of seeing my second Weasel of the year that dashed across the road but was lost in the hedgerow .
I then went to the top fields at Gore Lane in Exmouth where a smart looking White Wagtail was showing in the dung field .
I had returned home for something to eat and later in the afternoon I got a call telling me that there was a Western Marsh Harrier showing on Bowling Green Marsh , so off I went again in hope that it would still be there and I just got there in time before the bird left the marsh heading towards the Exe Estuary .
Also seen on the marsh were 20+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , a Whimbrel , 3 Ruff , 3 Common House Martin and a Common Swift .

1 comment: