Monday 19 October 2020

Sunday 18th October

 A trip up to North Devon today as a Paddyfield Warbler had been reported from Yelland Pond . I arrived to find a a few birders already there and they told me that the bird had shown early in the morning but had not been seen for a while . But after a while it was found again but it took me a while to get on to it , but I did managed to fire off some shots of it , the I D of the bird was then starting to be questioned so fellow birder Mark Bailey then sent one of my shots off to other birders and the bird was then reconfirmed as a very pale looking Great Reed Warbler . Not the bird we were after but still a very good bird for my County of Devon . 

Another nice thing seen today was my first ever sighting of a swimming Grass Snake !

No comments:

Post a Comment