Thursday 29 October 2020

American Wigeon

 I had a look at the Exe Estuary from Cockwood Steps this morning and I saw a female Red-Breasted Merganser , the long staying Slavonian Grebe , a Great Crested Grebe and 50+ Dark Bellied Brent Goose .

I then carried on to Dawlish Warren and added 2 Great Norther Diver , a Rock Pipit and a very late Common House Martin to the day list and then I headed for home .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I had just got home and made a cup of tea and settled in to watch a movie when I got a message from Exmouth Birder Matt Knott telling me that he had found an American Wigeon in with the Eurasian Wigeon at Mudbank Lane . So I jumped in the car and got there as fast as I could , Matt was still there and soon got me on to the bird , we watched it for a short while but then all the wigeon became agitated and flew off to the other side of the estuary and we soon found out why as a couple came out from behind a nearby screen in full view of all the birds !

No comments:

Post a Comment