Thursday 8 October 2020

Birthday Birding

 Today is my birthday..21 again lol . So like I usually do I went out birding with my first stop at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham . The hide is closed again so viewing is very restricted . But I looked at what I could and was lucky enough to find a Spotted Redshank that was in with quite a few Common Redshank and also seen were numerous Black-Tailed Godwit , 2 Bar-Tailed Godwit , a Mistle Thrush , a fly over Redwing ( winter is coming ! ) and quite a few Goldcrest .

I then went to the other side of the Exe Estuary and at Cockwood there was 13 Cattle Egret in with the cattle. On then to Dawlish Warren to look for a reported Yellow-Browed Warbler and I managed to hear it on call 3 times but it just would not come out into the open , also seen was a Common Kingfisher and a fly over Barn Swallow .

No comments:

Post a Comment