Friday 11 August 2017

Friday 11th August

A very quick look around Bowling Green Marsh this morning didn`t get me much at all , with only a Common Sandpiper , a European Green Woodpecker and my first Song Thrush on the marsh for a while .
I then went down to Mudbank Lane in Exmouth and met up with Matt Knott as he had text me and said that the juvenile White-Winged Black Tern was showing but that it was distant , and after a short while I was able to connect with the bird out in the middle of the estuary , it seems to be a good year for these birds as its the 3rd different one for me this year , also seen was a Little Tern , 4 Common Gull , 3 adult Mediterranean Gull & around 30 Black-Headed Gull . When I returned to my house in Topsham I got the strange sight of 8 Mistle Thrush sat together on top of the water tower !

No comments:

Post a Comment