Friday 25 August 2017

Wagtails

I started today off at Goosemoor in Topsham where I saw 20+ Common Greenshank and 9 Common Ringed Plover . I then had a look at Bowling Green Marsh but the only thing of any note on the marsh was a Common Sandpiper , so I went down to have a look around the viewing platform area where there was 8 Common Chiffchaff , a Willow Warbler and I got a quick view of a male Common Redstart but it was soon lost from view again , also seen was a fly over Eurasian Jay , another highlight was seeing my first Weasel of the year that ran across the path leading to the viewing platform .
I then headed for home but at around 4 pm I decided to give the marsh another go and it turned out a good move as I saw 7 juvenile Yellow Wagtails and a White Wagtail in with the small herd of cows and a Grey Wagtail was on show right in front of the hide .

No comments:

Post a Comment