Saturday 19 August 2017

Eurasian Hoopoe

I was up very early this morning and when I opened my door I was greeted by the nice sound of a calling Tawny Owl , a sound that I always love to hear . I was up early as I wanted to go down to Exmouth to look for a Eurasian Hoopoe that has been seen around the Foxholes area , I got there just as light was breaking and made my way to the spot where I was told that had the best chance of seeing the bird and after around 15 minutes I picked up the bird at around 6 am flying across the field behind the houses and watched it go down the field towards Maer Farm until I lost it from my view .
There was not a lot else to see around the area but I did get 20+ Barn Swallow sat on a telegraph wire , this 1st winter Northern Wheatear was seen in the top fields and a Red Fox nonchalantly walked down the road right in front of me .

No comments:

Post a Comment