Wednesday 30 August 2017

A Better Day

This morning I was out early in the falling rain looking for Osprey on the Exe Estuary but I didn't see any at all but I did hear that one was seen down at the other end of the estuary , but on the Clyst Estuary I saw 3 Common Greenshank , 5 Grey Plover , a male Common Kingfisher and an Atlantic Grey Seal .
Then a look at Bowling Green Marsh got me 5 Northern Shoveler , 4 Gadwall , 3 Little Grebe , a Green Sandpiper , a Common Sandpiper , numerous Black-Tailed Godwit , a Bar-Tailed Godwit , the regular female Western Marsh Harrier flew into the marsh scattering everything and stayed sat on a post for a short while but it was always on the far side of the marsh , there was not a lot to see in the bushes today with only 3 Common Chiffchaff and a Willow Warbler .

No comments:

Post a Comment