Wednesday 19 July 2017

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher is not a hard bird to see in Britain ! But it is for me as I just never seem to catch up with them , so when I was told about some showing well at a private site I just had to go and see if my luck would change and as you can see the result today was just great ( Thanks Jo )
Later in the day I went down to the viewing platform at Bowling Green Marsh and had a look at the Clyst Estuary on the rising tide and I saw 200+ Dunlin , 22 Bar-Tailed Godwit , 10 Grey Plover , 8 Whimbrel , 6 Common Greenshank , a Spotted Redshank , and a superb looking summer plumaged Red Knot   , I then had a look at Bowling Green Marsh and saw a Green Sandpiper ( my 1st for quite a while ) , a Mediterranean Gull and 2 Stock Dove .

No comments:

Post a Comment