Monday 31 July 2017

Early Morning

I went for a look around the Bowling Green Marsh area early this morning . I had a look at the marsh from the hide but it was low tide and dead . So I went for a look around the viewing platform area of the marsh as sometimes its good around there at this time of year and I managed to come across this juvenile female European Green Woodpecker feeding by the road , they are usually a bit nervous but this one stayed long enough for me to fire off this shot of it just before it flew off .
Also seen were 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker , a small flock of Long-Tailed Tit , 2 Sedge Warbler , 3 Willow Warbler ( my first of the Autumn ) , 2 Common Chiffchaff and 4 European Greenfinch a bird that I don't see on the marsh very much now ! and at a nearby pond I came across this female Great Diving Beetle ( a new one for me ) . I finished the mornings birding off near the village of Exminster where I saw a Spotted Flycatcher and a Mistle Thrush .

No comments:

Post a Comment