Tuesday 4 July 2017

Purple Hairstreak

I went over to the Exminster Marshes this morning to look for Purple Hairstreak Butterflies and after looking for about an hour I managed to see one but it was flitting around right at the top of an Oak Tree so getting a photo was out of the question today , there was also a few fledgling Winter Wrens begging for food from their parents .
Later in the day I had a look at Goosemoor to catch the incoming tide but I only saw the usual birds with 4 Little Egret , 50+ Common Redshank , a summer plumaged Spotted Redshank , 3 Common Greenshank & 50+ Black-Tailed Godwit , and also seen were some Grey Mullet , ( The first time I have ever seen these feeding on the marsh ) & beside the path there was lots of Cinnabar Moth Caterpillars feeding on the Ragwort . 

No comments:

Post a Comment