Wednesday 14 September 2016

Good Numbers !!

This morning I birded the top fields at Orcombe Point in Exmouth from 7 - 10 am and when I arrived it was a gorgeous morning but by the time I had finished it had gone from quite misty to being clear again and there was quite a fall of birds in good numbers , I looked all around the fields but couldn`t turn up anything new but I could never be unhappy with what I did see ! with 30-40 Yellow Wagtail of all ages in with the cows and a fantastic sight to have them flying overhead , 14 Northern Wheatear including a male and female of the Greenland race , 20+ Meadow Pipit , Willow Warbler and Common Chiffchaff were everywhere and if I said 50+ of each I expect that was only the tip of what was here , a Common Whitethroat , 16 European Goldfinch , 20+ Common Linnet and a male Eurasian Sparrowhawk , a great few hours birding .

No comments:

Post a Comment