Friday 9 October 2015

A new bird for my BGM list

Today started well as I found a Firecrest near to my home in Topsham , I only found my first one of this species a few weeks back so to find another one in less than a month is amazing !!!
Later in the day I had a look at my local patch Bowling Green Marsh and was told that a female Mandarin Duck had been seen earlier but could not be found now ! and as this was a new bird for my BGM list and I had already missed a couple of these on the marsh I was a bit p****d off ! but as it was the bird showed well after about an hours wait and the smile was back on my face lol , also seen were all the normal wildfowl but a count of over 100+ Northern Pintail was outstanding for the marsh , waders included 15 Pied Avocet , 20+ Dunlin , 2 Bar-Tailed Godwit , a Spotted Redshank and a Red Knot .

No comments:

Post a Comment