Saturday 20 April 2019

The Exminster Marshes

This morning I took a walk down the back path on the Exminster Marshes with maybe an early Lesser Whitethroat in mind but there was no luck today . But there was still a few birds to be seen with 6 new in European Reed Warbler , 3 Sedge Warbler , 5 Cetti`s Warbler , 4 Blackcap , a Garden Warbler that is a very good bird for the marsh but I expect its the same bird that was on Powderham Marsh a few days ago...but you never know ! and also seen down the far end of the path was my first Common Whitethroat of the year .
I then had a look by the Lyons Rest area where I saw a Cattle Egret and a male Northern Wheatear .

Also seen were 3 Grass Snake , 3 Slow Worm and the following Butterflies . Brimstone , Peacock . Orange Tip , Speckled Wood , Holly Blue , Green-Veined White and Large White .

No comments:

Post a Comment