Friday 5 April 2019

Great White Egret

A look around Bowling Green Marsh this morning got me a single Brent Goose , a Common Buzzard ,  a female Western Marsh Harrier , numerous Common Sand Martin , a Lesser Black-Backed Gull , a Common Chiffchaff and a Blackcap .
I then was told that a Great White Egret had flown towards the marsh from the Exminster Marshes so I kept my eyes peeled but it never landed on the marsh , but then news came out that it was showing on Goosemoor so I went to see if it was still there and I found it in the reedbeds on the far side , I was hoping that it would come out into the open when all of a sudden up it flew and off towards the Clyst Marshes and I managed to fire off a few shots of it in flight and thought that was that . But again news came out that it was in fact now in front of the hide at the Darts Farm Reserve so over I went to look for it and this time it showed very well out in the open .

No comments:

Post a Comment