Wednesday 20 February 2019

Great White Egret

I went down to Bowling Green Marsh this morning just as it started to get light as I was hoping that a Glossy Ibis that has been reported there would put in an appearance but again I was out of luck . I had been joined in the hide by fellow birder Spencer Dicks as he was looking for the Ibis as well , and around 7.30ish  we saw an egret fly out of the far left hand corner of the marsh and getting on to it to our amazement we saw that it was a Great White Egret it then flew over the railway line towards the Darts Farm area . I can only think that it must have roosted in that corner as the light was just about coming up .
Also seen of note were 150+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 2 Red Knot , 2 Common Snipe , a Ruff and a Common Greenshank .

No comments:

Post a Comment