Friday 8 February 2019

European Otter

This morning I had an amazing encounter with a European Otter on Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham . I was sat in the hide as the weather was terrible with high winds and rain when all of a sudden the Otter dashed out of the water on to the first island right in front of the hide putting the ducks and waders to flight , it then went back into the water and swam up the section to the left of the hide and then to my amazement it pulled itself out of the water and ran across the grass to the water on the far end of the marsh , this is the first one that I have seen on the land since I saw them in the Shetland Islands in the late 80s .
Also seen were 100+ Northern Pintail , 100+ Pied Avocet , 150+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 13 Common Snipe and a Red Knot .

No comments:

Post a Comment