Sunday 17 February 2019

Glaucous Gull

A trip out with Sue this morning to look for a couple of Red-Necked Grebe at Broadsands in South Devon . The first thing I did on arrival was to check out the beach for Mediterranean Gull and there was an adult and a 1st winter bird but as I was getting a shot of one of them , out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a white winged gull fly in and join the other gulls . So I went to check it out and sure enough it was a 1st winter Glaucous Gull . I fired off a few shots of it and then put the news out so that other birders could get to see it .
I then went to Elbury Cove where I managed to see the 2 Red-Necked Grebe along with 4 Northern Fulmar , I then went to have a look in the car park and I saw 3 male and a female Cirl Buntings .  

No comments:

Post a Comment