Wednesday 27 June 2018

Wednesday 27th June

An early morning look around Bowling Green Marsh this morning got me 5 Whimbrel , 2 Bar-Tailed Godwit , and a Common Greenshank so it seems that the return migration has just begun at last .
I also saw 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker , a Eurasian Nuthatch , 4 Blackcap , 2 European Reed Warbler , 2 Common Chiffchaff and a smart looking male Eurasian Bullfinch .
Later in the day I got a call telling me that there was a summer plumaged Spotted Redshank on the Clyst Estuary , so I went down to look for it , but by the time I got there it had flown off but it turned up again on Goosemoor and I was able to get views of it but it always stayed a bit distant and as I was looking at it a Eurasian Hobby flew over my head , I then had another look at Bowling Green Marsh where the only thing different from this morning was a Stock Dove that dropped in for a drink .

No comments:

Post a Comment