Tuesday 12 June 2018

Buff-Breasted Sandpiper

I started today off just outside of Exeter at the Haldon Forest where I saw 3 Tree Pipit , my first Common Crossbill of the year and a few Common House Martin . I then went for a walk around the Butterfly Walk where I saw Large Skipper , Small Heath , Meadow Brown , Speckled Wood , Red Admiral and my first Green Hairstreak of the year .
I then got news of a Buff-Breasted Sandpiper showing at Davidstow Airport so my mate Andy and myself went to see if we could catch up with it , we arrived to find the Army doing their manoeuvres and a Helicopter flying overhead so we didn`t hold up much hope . But to our amazement there it was showing very well and not taking any notice of what was going on all around it . But what it is doing here at this time of year...God Knows lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment