Friday 2 March 2018

Woodcock

I spent most of today birding from my house as first thing this morning there were flocks of Northern Lapwing and Fieldfare flying over heading west , I then went out into my garden and cleared some snow away and put down some food for the ground feeders and after not very long this smart looking female Brambling came into feed .
The other side of my house looks into the cemetery grounds so I stayed indoors and birded from the upstairs windows and I saw another Brambling if not the same one , a few Hawfinch , a Common Buzzard , 12 Redwing , 2 Fieldfare , 2 Song Thrush and a few Grey Squirrel . It then got the better of me so I decided to go into the cemetery to see if there was any more Hawfinch lurking around and it paid off big style as saw at least 8 of them but there could have been more . And as I was walking through the snow a Woodcock took to flight and flew towards the Clyst Marshes , its the first time that I have ever come across Woodcock in Topsham .

No comments:

Post a Comment