Tuesday 6 March 2018

Nice Gull`s

Off out early again this morning with my destination being Dawlish Warren to look for some reported Woodlark but after much searching the nearest that I got to them was a calling fly over bird heading towards the golf course . Bur it was not all bad as I saw my first Sandwich Tern of the year along with 2 Great Northern Divers , a juvenile Common Eider and a nice male Cirl Bunting .
I was heading for home when I got a call from my mate Andy Bond saying that he was going for 2 Little Gull`s that were showing at Lyme Regis , so I met up with him and off we went and it didn`t take us long to connect with them as they were on the sea close in to the shore and my second year tick of the day . We then carried on towards Portland as we had news the Ross`s Gull that was refound yesterday was showing at Ferrybridge and this time the bird was still on show for us but was just  a little bit distant and was in with 24 Mediterranean Gull`s .
Our last stop of the day was at Winterbourne Herrington where a drake Garganey was showing on a flooded field along with a few Gadwall and Northern Pintail ... 3rd yeartick of the day in the bag lol

No comments:

Post a Comment