Thursday 1 March 2018

Garden Tick

Out doing a bit of birding this morning before the Beast from the East got to us lol . I went down to the recreation ground in Topsham again and the first birds that I saw were Common Goldeneye with one male and 5 female birds a very good count for this site , there was also a few Red-Breasted Merganser , 6 Common Redshank , 2 Dunlin , a Common Sandpiper , a Grey Plover , 20-30 fly over Fieldfare and 6 Reed Bunting .
As the snow started to fall a bit heavier I headed for home to refill the seed feeders for the birds as they will really struggle in the bad weather and after a short while I got my reward with my first ever Brambling in the garden...Yippeeeeeeeee .

The snow is now about a foot deep in places so lets see what tomorrow brings , ohhhh for a Woodcock !

No comments:

Post a Comment