Tuesday 15 September 2015

Whinchat`s

I started the day off with a quick look at Bowling Green Marsh and saw the Eurasian Spoonbill , a few Bar-Tailed Godwit and Whimbrel and a Spotted Redshank .
Over then to the Exminster Marshes again and the Grey Phalarope was still showing very well , I then decided to have a look around the fields to the north of the marsh ! with the first birds seen being a couple of Northern Wheatear , and a few Yellow Wagtail , I then came across the amazing sight of a fall of 20+ Whinchat ( I have never seen this many together on the marsh in 30 years of birding it ) and in with them were 3 Common Stonechat and a few Meadow Pipit , I then walked back along the road towards the Phalarope and came across a flock of 20+ more Yellow Wagtail a superb end to a great days birding !!! Lets hope that this storm coming in brings us some more good birds .

No comments:

Post a Comment