Sunday 13 September 2015

Grey Phalarope

The day started with an Osprey that was sat on a post in the middle of the Exe Estuary eating a fish that it had caught , I then had a look at Bowling Green Marsh and saw a Eurasian Spoonbill , 3 Ruff , 2 Spotted Redshank and a few Common Greenshank .
I had forgotten my phone so I decided to go home for it just in case something turned up and after picking it up I thought instead of going back to GBM I would go and  take a look at the Exminster Marshes as a Garganey in eclipse plumage has been seen there , I started looking through  the ducks when I came across a Phalarope on the far side of the main pond and at this time of year I was hoping that it could possibly be a Red - Necked Phalarope but after a while the bird came a lot closer giving some great views and was confirmed as a Grey Phalarope still a very good bird for the marsh and a new bird for my E M List , also seen was the Garganey that was in with 20+ Common Teal , 4 Whinchat , 2 Northern Wheatear and singles of Sedge Warbler , Willow Warbler and Common Chiffchaff.................What with United beating Liverpool yesterday ! it was not a bad weekend !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment