Monday 14 September 2015

Rain Rain and more Rain !!

This morning was wet and windy so starting at the Exminster Marshes was not a good move as I parked the car in the middle car park and walked up the road for another look at the Grey Phalarope that is still showing well and yes you guessed it ! while I was there the heavens opened up and I got soaked and the only other bird that I got for my troubles was a juvenile Eurasian Sparrowhawk !
So I went back for a look at Bowling Green Marsh from the comfort of the hide but I saw a few Common Teal and Northern Shoveler , a single female Northern Pintail , the rain had brought in a fall of hirundines with numerous Common House Martin and Common Sand Martin and a few Barn Swallow , the only other bird of note was the juvenile Eurasian Spoonbill that was asleep for most of the time before flying out towards the Exe Estuary .

No comments:

Post a Comment