Saturday 23 August 2014

2 Spotted Crake`s

Today there was 2 Spotted Crake`s on Bowling Green Marsh but I only managed to see one of them that showed quite well over on the far side of the marsh in front of the reedbed , yesterdays Temminck`s Stint was still there this morning and I was able to get a lot better views of it today along with a juvenile female Ruff , 12 Dunlin and a Common Sandpiper .
A look at the Clyst Estuary from the viewing platform then got me 2 juvenile Spotted Redshank another Common Sandpiper , 6 Common Greenshank & a Common Kingfisher , later in the day to finish the day off I had views of an Osprey that was eating a fish on a sandbar in the ExeEstuary  and this solitary Little Egret .


WOW just had 2 Avro Lancaster bombers fly over my house .... now that's what you can call big birds !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment