Sunday 8 June 2014

Red-Backed Shrike

An afternoon look at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham got me a gull feast ! as in with the numerous Black-Headed Gull`s ! the 1st summer Ross`s Gull showed very well early on with a 1st summer Little Gull ( and I managed to get the shot of it that I have been trying for since it first arrived !! ) , 4 1st summer Mediterranean Gull`s & 2 Common Gull`s and the icing on the cake was that the 1st summer Bonaparte`s Gull also dropped into the marsh and showed very well !!
Later in the day I had a call telling me that there was a Red-Backed Shrike showing on the Powderham Marshes ( Thanks John ) so off I shot to see if I could catch up with it and my luck was in , the bird looked to be a 1st year male but it was always very distant , also seen was a Eurasian Hobby & a superb looking Golden-Ringed Dragonfly ..... Not a bad day !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment