Tuesday 3 June 2014

Dartmoor

On Bowling Green Marsh this morning the 1st winter Ross`s Gull showed well along with the 1st summer Little Gull , two 1st summer Mediterranean Gull`s and a couple of Grey Heron , I then went out to Dartmoor and on the way there I saw a Red Kite fly over the A38 near Denbury , on arrival at the moor I decided to look for Common Cuckoo`s to photograph and I was lucky enough to find a pair of them & the bird in the photo`s is the female bird that made a funny bubbling sound to draw the male bird closer to her , also seen was a male Ring Ouzel that was calling none stop , a male & female Lesser Redpoll also showed very well and again the bird in the photo`s is a female , a pair of Yellowhammer`s and a few Tree pipit`s , then the rain set in so I headed off back to home .

No comments:

Post a Comment