Wednesday 14 May 2014

Wow What a Day

An add on to todays earlier  post ..... I had just about finished my diary for this morning when I got a call telling me that 7 Red Kite had been seen near the Turf Hotel heading towards Haldon so I jumped in the car and went down to the Exe Estuary and met up with a couple of other birders and as we were scanning the sky towards Powderdam one of the other birders Keith Birchall let out a cry Red Kite over Powderham Church and we all got on it before off it went towards Haldon as the others had done , we then went for a look at Bowling Green Marsh and we saw numerous Whimbrel & Black & Bar Tailed Godwit , a 1st summer Mediterranean Gull & then someone in the hide picked out a stunning summer plumaged Bonaparte`s Gull that only stayed for around 15 minutes and I just about managed to get these distant shots of it .

No comments:

Post a Comment