Saturday 10 May 2014

Spotted Flycatcher

I had news this morning of a Spotted Flycatcher at the entrance to the Bristol Schools Camp at Exmouth so I got in the car and made the journey down to Exmouth again the 3rd day on the trot lol ,
When I arrived I got a quick view of the bird but then lost it and I couldn't find it again ! but it was blowing a gale so perhaps it was just keeping its head down , I then had a look in the top fields at Gore Lane but all I saw were 3 Northern Wheatear but one of them was a smart male of the Greenland race , later in the day I got a message ( Thanks Keith ) telling me that there was another Spotted Flycatcher outside the hide at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham and as I am only 5 minutes from there I shot off to have a look at it and to try and get a photograph of it , it took me over an hour to get this shot as the bird was hidden for most of the time , but I am quite pleased with it in the end !!

No comments:

Post a Comment