Saturday 17 May 2014

Birds Of Prey

This morning I got news that the Little Gull was on Bowling Green Marsh again so I went down to see if I could catch up with it but like before it had gone again before I got there , so I started looking at the other birds on show as there were quite a few Bar-Tailed Godwit , a few Whimbrel , a female Ruff & two Lesser Black-Backed Gull`s ! when all of a sudden everything took to flight so I craned my head so I could look out of the hide at the sky and found a Red Kite flying right over the hide so we all nipped outside and had great views of it soaring over the field behind the hide .
I then went over to the Exminster Marshes in hope that some more Kite`s might be going through but this time I was out of luck as no more were seen ! but I did see 4 Eurasian Hobby , 3 Common Buzzard & a Peregrine Falcon & then went home to watch the cup final & just after the match had finished I got a call ( Thanks Bri ) telling me that there were two Temminck`s Stint on Powderham Marsh so I shot off over and managed to see them just before the light started to fade Yippeeeeeeee .

No comments:

Post a Comment