Wednesday 5 March 2014

What a good day !!!

This morning was nice and bright with no wind so I decided to walk down past the Countess wear sewage works where I saw a male Gadwall , a Water Rail and a small flock of Redwing , I soon reached my destination a point where I could look out over the Exe reed beds for Bearded Tit , I looked for around 40 minutes with nothing but then I picked up one flying across the reeds ! I was still on a high from that when to my amazement there was 2 more calling from the reeds right below me with there distinctive ping ping ping call but the little buggers never showed themselves before I had to go .
In the afternoon I went for a look around the Topsham Recreation Ground and I saw a male & 2 female Red-Breasted Merganser , the female Black Redstart put in a fleeting appearance before it shot off into the gardens again & I finally managed to see this superb Yellow-Browed Warbler that has been wintering in the gardens .

No comments:

Post a Comment