Friday 14 March 2014

Dipper at last !

This morning I went over to my mate Charlie Flemings house & as we were having a chat and a coffee I told him that I had seen 149 birds in Devon so far this year but that I couldn't catch up with Dipper so he said to me that if I took him he would guarantee that he would find me one ! so we made our way to a spot on the River Teign & he was true to his word as within a couple of minutes we had a one flying down the river with a mouthful of beach leaves & we then watched it fly up to where it was building its nest & after a little while the other bird of the partnership also flew in , the river has been very high at the spot where these birds have decided to nest but they have been very clever and built the nest quite high up out of the way of the water .

No comments:

Post a Comment