Thursday 2 January 2014

Year Listing

I was out quite early this morning and went for a look at the Topsham Recreation Ground as a Black Redstart has been reported there , but there was no sign of it today but I did see a couple of nice looking Grey Wagtail & a few Reed Bunting , the next stop was at Bowling Green Marsh where I saw the Long-Tailed Duck , 100+ Avocet , a single Snipe & a male Sparrowhawk .
I decided then to go down to Dawlish Warren for a look and it was quite good as I saw 1 Great Northern Diver , 1 Red-Throated Diver , 4 Great Crested Grebe , 6 Velvet Scoter , 2 Common Scoter , 1 Kestrel , 1 Peregrine Falcon & the long staying Bonaparte`s Gull but the views were always quite distant , the last bird of the day was a Slavonian Grebe in the Exe Estuary near to Cockwood .

No comments:

Post a Comment