Tuesday 14 January 2014

A first at the Warren for me !!

At the Recreation Ground in Topsham this morning the 1st winter/Female Black Redstart was still on show along with a couple of Grey Wagtail , I then decided to go down to Dawlish Warren in hope of seeing Cirl Bunting a bird that I still need for the site , and my luck was in as I saw a Female bird on the edge of Dead Dolphin Wood on the gold course side , also seen at the same time was a very smart looking Water Pipit and this bird was a lot brighter than the Topsham bird from yesterday , I carried on walking out to Warren Point and on the way I saw a flock of Linnet , 2 Skylark , this nice male Red-Breasted Merganser & a Green Woodpecker .
On the way back home I had a look at the Exe Estuary from the railway crossing at Cockwood and saw 2 male & a female Goldeneye , 4 Little Grebe & a Slavonian Grebe , and on the Exminster Marshes there was 20+ Golden Plover , so in the end not a bad day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment