Monday 4 November 2013

Another elusive Yellow-Browed Warbler

News of a Yellow-Browed Warbler on the Exminster Marshes had me making the journey over there to see if I could catch up with it , I arrived to find a few birders there already & was told that the bird had not been seen for a while ! but after around 20 minutes the bird was found again & I managed to get quick views of it just before it vanished again , this was a first on the marsh for me & was very welcome indeed , also seen were 4 Goldcrest , 2 Chiffchaff & 2 Redwing .
Later in the afternoon a look around the Topsham Cemetery got me 14 Collared Dove , 3 Skylark , a Nuthatch & this Great Spotted Woodpecker .

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a good birding outing! Good show on the Yellow-browed Warbler. Chasing birds for me is like fishing. The guy on the shore always says: "You should have been here yesterday, they were really biting!".

    ReplyDelete